Men's Health Facts
As you can see from the blood pressure chart, only one of the numbers has to be higher or lower than it should be to count as either high blood pressure or low blood pressure:
- 90 over 60 (90/60) or less: You may have low blood pressure. More on low blood pressure.
- More than 90 over 60 (90/60) and less than 120 over 80 (120/80): Your blood pressure reading is ideal and healthy. Follow a healthy lifestyle to keep it at this level.
- More than 120 over 80 and less than 140 over 90 (120/80-140/90): You have a normal blood pressure reading but it is a little higher than it should be, and you should try to lower it. Make healthy changes to your lifestyle.
- 140 over 90 (140/90) or higher (over a number of weeks): You may have high blood pressure (hypertension). Change your lifestyle – see your doctor or nurse and take any medicines they may give you. More on high blood pressure
- if your top number is 140 or more – then you may have high blood pressure, regardless of your bottom number.
- if your bottom number is 90 or more – then you may have high blood pressure, regardless your top number.
- if your top number is 90 or less – then you may have low blood pressure, regardless of your bottom number.
- if your bottom number is 60 or less – then you may have low blood pressure, regardless of your top number.
we can help you
There are some things in life that you cannot control. Thanks to technology and medical research, erectile dysfunction will not be one of them.